Sunday, December 13, 2009

April News

Arm...and her holding up 4 fingers.
It's a girl!
Spine
face

For some reason, this post is hard for me to do. Don't get me wrong, I am very very very excited about this possibility, but I also know there is great sacrifice and heartache involved as well. That is why I am hesitant to post this. Brittney keeps wanting me to post it so I know she is ok with it. Here goes...So, over Brooklyn's birthday weekend (August 23) Brittney, Brooklyn's birthmom, told us that she was pregnant. I can honestly say I was shocked. Then she told us that she was considering placing the baby with us again for us to adopt. I immediately started crying. Tom and I had been trying to get pregnant for the past year and a half and this was an answer to our prayers. So, last week Brittney invited us to Utah to see her ultrasound of the baby. It still didn't feel like she was pregnant, but seeing the ultrasound put a lot of reality there. I found myself crying while watching the ultrasound. They were happy tears though. Well, we found it it is a girl! She is so cute! She held up 4 fingers and I told Brittney that the baby was already in competition with Brooklyn because she was claiming she was 4 and Brooklyn is only 3. The midwife says that the baby looks healthy and that everything looks good on the ultrasound so that is very good news. I am very excited for a little girl. I was actually hoping for a little girl. I know girls. I can do girls. :) Brittney is such a cute little pregnant girl. She has been staying with us for the past couple of weeks and it has been a real eye opener to me as far as the caliber of person she is. She is great. She is always eager to help and is very good with the girls. It's funny to me but her and Kenzie are good buddies. Brooklyn loves her too, but Kenzie loves to hang out with her the most. She is also very easy going and has been very patient as I do various life stuff. We just love this girl and feel very blessed to have Brittney in our lives. By the way, Brittney is due April 21. We will keep you posted!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys Michelle. You have been the best parents and I can't wait to see what you do with three little girls! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet post Michelle. We are all very excited for this little girl to come into our lives. I can't wait to hear what the name will be:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome to little Sadie or Saydee or however you spell it=) I am excited for you. April babies are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Michelle! That is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's so sweet that she came back to you! Good for you guys! Hope everything goes as planned, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely WONDERFUL! I'm tickled pink for you guys. What a blessing and miracle Brittney is for your eternal family. I can't wait for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and your family! Good luck to all of you as you await the arrival. Merry Christmas Meesh!

    ReplyDelete