Monday, June 29, 2009

We're here and loving it but...

We are officially Idahoans! The last week has been somewhat of a whirlwind! 2 weeks ago the movers came and moved us into OUR NEW HOME!!! Yes, it is officially ours. We closed on it last Friday. As soon as I can find the cord to hook up to our computer I will post pictures of it. We love it! As great as it is to be in Idaho...I miss Utah....home. It's funny, but I never really knew how good things were until they are no longer an integral part of my life. I know that moving here was the right choice for our family, but it still doesn't make it any easier. I told Tom that I just want to be planted. Stick me somewhere and let me call it home. I hate being uprooted. Hopefully, this is where I am planted. I just have to write a few things I miss about Utah:

I MISS:

-going walking every morning with my sweet friend Lindsey and Brooklyn and Kenzie's best friend, Brooklyn. Just this morning I wanted to go for a walk and find myself not as motivated because my buddy is 3 1/2 hours away! Lindsey is just one of those people who just gives and gives. I will miss her.
-living so close to Lou and Ben. It got to be a pretty common thing to have them over a lot and also to go camping and dutch oven with them. I will miss that a lot. I will just miss seeing them a lot more than I will here. Man, that is a hard one to swallow.
-living close to the Jacobsons. We really didn't see you guys much since you moved to Draper. Hopefully you will come to visit.
-the Stufflebeams. Our birthfamily is like family to us. The thought of leaving them was one thing that almost kept us from moving to Idaho. We will miss the late nights playing games, hanging out, and just being so close. We have such a good relationship with them that I know we will see them often.
-my great neighbors that lived across and on all sides of me. I was blessed. If I ever needed something, they were there. They were my friends too.
-swapping babysitting with Megan and Lindsey. I miss talking about parenting and gardens and just life with Megan. She has such a big heart and I will miss her. PLUS...I miss my time with just me! That was a major bonus and I hope to find someone soon who wants to swap.
-my ward. I loved that ward. I got to the point where I knew just about everyone in there and pretty well too. There are some amazing people there. You are loved Highlands Ward.
-the Larsens...Char, Char, Brian, Ume, Zachy, and Littles. You are one special family.
-the beautiful mountains and scenery...nothing like it.

It's funny how the things that meant the most were the people. Yes, we loved our home, but the people were the things that made it special.

Now that I am in Idaho...I have much to celebrate! Here are some reasons I am THRILLED to be here:

-I am soooo excited to be living near my sister...about 6 minutes, in fact. Brooklyn and Kenzie already ask where she is and when they can play with their 2 cousins. I am blessed to be near more family.
-I LOVE Tom's new work schedule. He works 4 days then he gets 4 days off! We are loving that he is home more!
-We have amazing neighbors already. The first day we were here we had 4 families from the neighborhood come over and get to know us. Our next door neighbor even mowed our lawn! (I was dreading having to mow almost a half acre with a push mower!)
-I don't have road rage anymore. In fact, I find myself actually enjoying myself when I am on the road. The drivers here are so nice. The drivers let you in when you put your blinker on, they don't cut me off, and I haven't seen the bird...not once! (I know, some of you are saying I may provoke some of the behavior, but I honestly notice a difference.)
-The people are genuinely nice. Utah's people are nice, but it is just different here. In the grocery store (on more than 1 occasion) they say excuse me and actually smile. Also, at the Redbox, people let me go to the front of the line to return a movie. That NEVER happened in Utah!
-Laura Stuff works just 2 minutes from where we live! So...looks like we still get a Stufflebeam near us. Lucky us :)
-We actually live on some land. We moved from .13 to .44 acres! I am loving it and SOOO overwhelmed with how much work that comes with owning 3x's the property.
-I am in Idaho...enough said. I am from Boise, so it feels like home. The potatoes are bigger, the air is cleaner, and I love it here.

Well, there you go.

4 comments:

  1. "The potatoes are bigger" -Favorite line of the entire post.

    We miss having you here too Meesh. I feel like calling you up to come over and then I have to remind myself you aren't here! Luckily we'll be moving soon as well so it won't be as sad to be here and not have you "here." I'm excited to see the pictures of your new home! And what an adventure with all of that property. I'm sure the girls are LOVING it. I'm hoping we can stop by on our way home and see the new place. We love and miss you guys! I'm sure you'll soon be saying the same thing about the people there as you did about your Utah friends. You're just that type of person Michelle, very loving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your move went well! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah, can't wait to see new pictures of your new home. i'm glad you are close to a sister! that sounds so fun. glad you are liking the new area. when we moved to UT from AZ i remember thinking what good drivers UT has! i think half the drivers in arizona literally don't have a U.S. drivers license... saw some pretty scary driving there!! and i guess i've been lucky, never seen the bird here! good luck with everything there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you too! I having been walking like I should! It's just not the same. Brooklyn still asks to play with your girls about every day. Sad.

    ReplyDelete