On our drive up to my folks cabin in McCall, Idaho I was mentioning to Tom how we've had a healthy family, for the most part. I told him I couldn't imagine taking my kid to the ER because it would be so hard to see them hurt. Well, I guess you should really watch what you say. It can jinx you. Mackenzie broke her leg Dec. 27. Here's how it went down...no pun intended...I was goofing around with my 2 nephews (Ryan and Austin) and niece (Hailee). Well, I had Hailee on my back and was chasing Ryan down the hall. I didn't even see Kenzie at our feet and neither did Ryan. He tripped on Kenzie and I tripped on him and we all came tumbling down onto Kenzie. So, there was Ryan, Me and Hailee on my back on top of Kenzie. I heard her whimper so I peeled all the kids off and saw that she was holding her leg. I thought it was her knee. We saw that it was swollen so we bundled her up, gave her a Priesthood blessing, and went to the emergency room in McCall, Idaho. She was a trooper. So, she has to have a cast for 3-4 weeks and can't walk on it until she is ready to walk on her own. At first we had to carry her EVERYWHERE! If you have been around Kenzie enough you know that this kid doesn't sit still. After a couple of days I could tell she got sick of relying on others so she figured out how to scoot on her bum while holding her leg up. Talk about an ab workout! This kid is determined. She knows she's not supposed to stand on her leg so she tells us all day, "I not standing, Mommy. I careful, Mommy." She is so darn cute in a cast.


At the E.R.

At the Orthopedist's in IF

We thought we were getting a hard cast for her, but this Dr. felt like a soft cast was fine...


Doesn't she have a cute leg? The break is right below the knee. It is a fine line.

The Doc said the bone got bent too.

The break is kind of hard to see here. It is right below the knee. There is a line that looks like a piece of hair was on it.
aww thats so sad! poor kenze. she looks like she's doing great though!
ReplyDeletePoor Kenzie. I'm sure she'll still find ways to be her normal self though:)
ReplyDeletePoor little thing! I hope she heals quickly! Luckily it's not the summer. Could you imagine keeping it dry and not using it? I bet she'll be up and moving around before you know it!
ReplyDeletePoor Kenzie! So it sounds like you broke your own daughter's leg? :) Just giving you a hard time! Hope heals fast! Brookie misses her girls!
ReplyDelete