So, Brittney (our sweet birthmom) is due April 21. That is less than 2 weeks away. As you can tell from the room, we are very excited and in great anticipation of this little girl's arrival, but I can't help but be a little reserved in my emotions. About 3 1/2 years ago Brittney placed Brooklyn into our arms and trusted us to raise her beautiful daughter. That was the hardest day and one of the best days of my life. Brooklyn is such a blessing in our lives. As the date approaches for her second child to be born, my heart is breaking, but is also very full of gratitude. It is breaking because of what Brittney is going through and what she must be feeling emotionally (and physically!). My heart is full because I yearn for another baby and child to raise. I have wanted it for a long time now. It is also full because I have so much love for Brittney and her family and also because I don't want to see them hurt. During this time I also realize and acknowledge that Brittney may still keep this little sweetie and decide to raise her herself, or she may allow us the great opportunity to raise another beautiful little girl of hers. The choice is hers, as it should be. So, as we put this room together it was a bitter sweet experience. I wanted the room to be perfect. I wanted it to be perfect because I want Brittney's little girl to know that she is loved. I also wanted Brittney to know that we promise to take care of her baby and love her if that was what she chose. So, this room, may seem like just a room, but it is more than that for us.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Baby's Room...
So, Brittney (our sweet birthmom) is due April 21. That is less than 2 weeks away. As you can tell from the room, we are very excited and in great anticipation of this little girl's arrival, but I can't help but be a little reserved in my emotions. About 3 1/2 years ago Brittney placed Brooklyn into our arms and trusted us to raise her beautiful daughter. That was the hardest day and one of the best days of my life. Brooklyn is such a blessing in our lives. As the date approaches for her second child to be born, my heart is breaking, but is also very full of gratitude. It is breaking because of what Brittney is going through and what she must be feeling emotionally (and physically!). My heart is full because I yearn for another baby and child to raise. I have wanted it for a long time now. It is also full because I have so much love for Brittney and her family and also because I don't want to see them hurt. During this time I also realize and acknowledge that Brittney may still keep this little sweetie and decide to raise her herself, or she may allow us the great opportunity to raise another beautiful little girl of hers. The choice is hers, as it should be. So, as we put this room together it was a bitter sweet experience. I wanted the room to be perfect. I wanted it to be perfect because I want Brittney's little girl to know that she is loved. I also wanted Brittney to know that we promise to take care of her baby and love her if that was what she chose. So, this room, may seem like just a room, but it is more than that for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE the room! What a lucky little girl to come to your home.
ReplyDeleteI love the colors. So sweet and cute. And the closet, so organized. Your amazing. I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine the slew of emotions. Adoption is such a unique experience! The room is absolutely beautiful! I miss you and my thoughts have been with you lots lately. :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Michelle. We are praying for you guys. Your girls are so loved and so fun to see. Julie said to me today that your girls act like there isn't a care in the world, just as it should be. Keep me posted Michelle! You did an AMAZING job on the room.
ReplyDelete