Sunday, July 11, 2010

Placement Day

Since Brittney wanted to do placement on Tuesday, we drove home from my parent's cabin in McCall, Idaho (that is where we spent the 4th and Dad's birthday) on Monday and got into Utah around 10pm.  We stayed with Tom's cousin, Danny.  Danny was really sweet and set up a tent in Azalyn's room so that our girls could have a sleep over.  The girls LOVED it!  We ended up staying up till 12:30am just visiting.  Thank you for opening up your home to us.  Placement Day was Tuesday, July 6, 2010.  I woke up at 6am and couldn't sleep because I was so excited.  So, I went shopping a little bit to get a couple more things for Brittney.  Not many places are open at 6am!  Brittney met us at our lawyer's office at around noon.  I remember seeing Brittney when she first walked in the door and feeling so much emotion and love.  I have so much respect for her.  I know that she loves Olivia.  She loved her so much that she gave her more than Brittney could give her that point in her life.  I have no doubt that Brittney will be a great Mommy again someday.  Placement was somewhat brief.  I was used to how placement went with Brooklyn (like 3 hours) and this one was in about a 1/2 hour.  I guess it helps that both families know each other really well.  Oh ya, the people that came to placement was our little family and Brittney, Scott and Debbie (Utah Grayma).  Brittney told us about Olivia and her little Oliviaisms, opened some presents, then we said our good byes.  It was just a real bitter sweet experience.  My heart was so full that day.  I have always looked in my van and it has always felt like there was someone missing.  I was so happy to have Olivia.  I also thought a lot at the strength Brittney had that day.  She didn't cry at all and reassured us that she was happy and that this is what she wanted to do.   She is such an example to me.   After Brittney and her family left, Tom and I just sat in our car and held each other and the baby.  Brooklyn and Kenzie fought over who got to sit next to her.  Kenzie finally agreed to sit behind her so that she could, "watch my new baby sister."  Brooklyn loved sitting next to her because she kept talking to her.  It was funny, but as soon as we left the parking lot of the lawyer's office Olivia started crying.  Brooklyn told us that the baby was crying and that we needed to give her back to Brittney.  I told her that Brittney wanted us to be Olivia's Mommy and Daddy and sisters now.  Brooklyn just said matter-of-factly that there was still a baby that was crying.  We laughed.  I have a feeling that life will be interesting around our house.  Olivia is such a blessing.  We just love her so much already.  Thanks Britt...words cannot express our gratitude.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats we are so excited for you guys! Three kids is a hand full but you will enjoy every moment and do a great job. Your are good parents and we are so happy for you. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things WILL be interesting around your house? I think they already ARE interesting:)

    I'm so happy for you guys though. This is a wonderful blessing and I look forward to Olivia being sealed to our family for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears in my eyes as I read your blog and see the pictures. It's a mixture of respect and gratitude toward Brittney and of happiness for you and Tom and the girls getting this new member of your family.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    (By the way, this is Julie Bird, not Jessica:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best news! I am just soo excited for you guys! You totally deserve it!
    Next time you are in Provo let us know. We kinda tried to get some fireworks going when you were here. But I didn't know that is why you guys came down. AWESOME you are such a wonderful mom! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete