I feel so overwhelmed! We have been so busy with this transition of moving to another state. I feel very blessed to have a sister and brother-in-law that have been gracious and generous enough to let us stay at their home while we house hunt and while Tom works there and not here. Never once have they complained. They have had open arms and make us feel so at home. I feel so truly blessed. I also have amazing friends who have offered to watch our girls for us or help in any way they can. I have really grown to love it here and I am now realizing how much I am going to miss it. I was caught up in the excitement of moving to my dream state and it never really hit me that we were moving. It just didn't seem real. Now that we have some renters for our home, the movers scheduled, Tom has started his new job, and a home in Idaho (keep your fingers crossed it goes through!) it now feels official that we are moving and I can't help but feel a heavy heart. And through it all my sweet kids have been great! Ya, they've had their moments, but they are carrying on their little shoulders the stress from their parents, not understanding what is going on, and having their little worlds becoming unfamiliar territory. So, for this post I felt it only fitting to show pictures of my girls helping me with some cooking. I have been trying to use up the frozen stuff in our freezer so I have been getting creative with my cooking and my girls are always on board to help. Brooklyn, especially, loves to be right there when I cook. I have two little keepers that I wouldn't trade the world for. So, with this transition I feel overwhelmed, but grateful too. Thanks to all again for your kind hearts. It has made this heavy heart, lightened.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Little bakers
I feel so overwhelmed! We have been so busy with this transition of moving to another state. I feel very blessed to have a sister and brother-in-law that have been gracious and generous enough to let us stay at their home while we house hunt and while Tom works there and not here. Never once have they complained. They have had open arms and make us feel so at home. I feel so truly blessed. I also have amazing friends who have offered to watch our girls for us or help in any way they can. I have really grown to love it here and I am now realizing how much I am going to miss it. I was caught up in the excitement of moving to my dream state and it never really hit me that we were moving. It just didn't seem real. Now that we have some renters for our home, the movers scheduled, Tom has started his new job, and a home in Idaho (keep your fingers crossed it goes through!) it now feels official that we are moving and I can't help but feel a heavy heart. And through it all my sweet kids have been great! Ya, they've had their moments, but they are carrying on their little shoulders the stress from their parents, not understanding what is going on, and having their little worlds becoming unfamiliar territory. So, for this post I felt it only fitting to show pictures of my girls helping me with some cooking. I have been trying to use up the frozen stuff in our freezer so I have been getting creative with my cooking and my girls are always on board to help. Brooklyn, especially, loves to be right there when I cook. I have two little keepers that I wouldn't trade the world for. So, with this transition I feel overwhelmed, but grateful too. Thanks to all again for your kind hearts. It has made this heavy heart, lightened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When we lived in England, we moved from our house in Wicken to a house on base when Maggie was about 2 1/2 years old. After we moved she would beg me every day while we were out and about to go home. And I would tell her we were going home soon, thinking she was just tired from all the comotion. Then one day, we WERE at home (on base) and she started begging to "go home"... and then I realized that she meant our house in Wicken. I felt so sad for her and tried to explain, but she was only two. It's hard for them, but you'll be surprised at how well they can adjust. Good luck :)
ReplyDelete