Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"I cannot be held responsible."

So, I'm known for losing my child's fondest toys. Yup, I admit it. I am lousy at holding onto them. I have nothing against them, I just lose them! About 1 1/2 years ago I lost DUCK...Kenzie's buddy. She was lost for a good couple of months without it, but my sister, Brooke, was nice enough to give her another one...she had originally bought it for her son, but sacrificed and gave it to Kenzie. Well, Kenzie had the duck a good 8 months after that then she switched over to BABY. I have no recollection of the switch, but DUCK #2 is nowhere to be found. So, technically, I lost DUCK #2. Well, BABY and Kenzie have been inseperable for the past 6 months (I hope my math is adding up...she is only 2 years and 5 months old give or take a few days). I know you know where this is going...yup...I lost BABY. Thee BABY. Well, the last 2 weeks Kenzie asked for BABY several times a day. My house isn't that messy so I knew it wasn't at home. We kept telling her we would find it, but to no avail. My Mom, when she was in town, even went searching at the various stores I frequent in hopes of finding her. No luck. So, I pretty much gave up hope...UNTIL...DI (Deseret Industries). I am not ashamed that I frequent DI. In fact, I'll brag any given day about the sweet stuff and deals I find there. Anyhow, DI was my last effort in recovering BABY. That particular day Tom and I decided we would spend some time with each of us taking a separate child and doing something fun with them. Well, Kenzie picked me and yes, we went to DI for our little Mommy/daughter date. Lou, please don't comment on that. :) Anyhow, back to my story. So, we walk into DI and headed to the toys. I can honestly say I had 5% hope that BABY would exist there...some mother I am. :) So, Kenzie RUNS over to BABY #2 and yells, "Mommy, I found BAAABY." She was sooo excited. BABY #2 doesn't look exactly like her old baby, but it has the same body and a similar face. Heck, I didn't care...she thought BABY was back! So, for $1 I bought back my daughter's joy. Plus, I think I redeemed myself. Once again, they are inseparable. I'm not THAT bad of a Mom...she still has her WANKIE (blankie). We've only lost it 2 times. :) As my mother would say, "I cannot be held responsible."

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mom and I have spent time frequenting the thrift stores for deals on interior design stuff, so I cannot cast mocking comments your way on that one (though I really want to). I'm glad baby is back. Maybe we need to get a clip to go on Kenzie's hip that connects to baby so she can't lose it:) Or maybe we should just go straight to a GPS inside the toys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept reading thinking you were going to say you lost baby #2. I am glad baby #2 is still in the picture:) I searched my house for baby #1 and duck, and they aren't here. Too funny though.

    ReplyDelete