Sunday, July 18, 2010
Life is good...
Here are some pictures of what we have been up to the past couple of days. My Mom came into town on Thursday and is here until Tuesday. It sure has been nice having her here. She is so helpful. While she has been here we have been doing yard work, playing on the water slide and on Sat. we took the kids to the splash park in Rexburg. It has been nice seeing my sister, Brooke, a bunch too. It is so cute to see her kids and how they interact with Olivia. Justin just loves her a ton. He kept giving her kisses and wanting to hold her. He is going to be a great big brother to his little brother that will be here sometime in September. We have been very busy. I never mentioned either that Tom accepted a job where he works 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off in Alaska at North Slope. He is very excited and actually started the job last week. He said he was going to post some pics of what life is like up there. No, I am not moving to Alaska. We can pretty much live anywhere we want. I absolutely love it here mainly because of the people. They are really great. So, we are staying here for awhile until life can get somewhat normal. I feel like I am extremely busy. It really is true that once a 3rd kid comes into play life is full of prioritizing and I find that I don't have enough arms. The older girls want to sit on my lap, but my lap is usually occupied by cute Olivia. So, I am trying to figure out how to do it all. I find that I rarely watch TV anymore because if I ever have time where all 3 are asleep that I want to get projects done or some cleaning. I will get it. The first week we had Olivia home I was really struggling to get the cleaning, yard work, and taking care of the kids done plus Tom was gone. So, one night I went to the grocery store and came back and my lawn was trimmed and mowed. I saw my neighbor putting away his lawn mower and went over to thank him and found myself welled up with tears because I was so grateful. He really had no idea how that little task helped me tremendously. All week I kept trying to figure out how I was going to get out there and mow. I didn't have a monitor to listen for Olivia so it made it tough. Well, I finally bought one and feel like I have a better handle on life. Olivia is just the best little girl. She just smiles and is just the best little baby. It doesn't hurt that she is so stinkin' cute. I just love talking to her and just looking at her. I feel truly blessed. Brooklyn and Kenzie just love her so much and love to talk to her too. Kenzie loves to give Olivia her Dora baby and blankie to borrow. That is huge for her. Brooklyn always tells me when she fusses or gets things for her. I just have the best kids. Well, I am off to bed. Everyone is asleep and it is only 9:30. Wow! Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cannot believe how adorable all your girls are. Olivia looks just like Brooklyn, so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the yellow hat! Even though Olivia didn't. I hear ya on the three kids. When the kids out number the arms, things get tricky. It took me about four months after HP was born before I felt like I could take a minute for myself. So hang in there and enjoy it. One day they won't be fighting over your lap anymore.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Tom and Michelle, she is beautiful. What a wonderful addition to your family. Leah (Jenny's sis-in-law)
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Olivia:) I'm glad Mom got to go...now I want to!
ReplyDelete