It started off being a beautiful day outside. So, we decided to feed the ducks. I had a whole shelf in my freezer just for "duck bread". I was excited that I had it and also to get some of my freezer space back. Win win. As soon as we got out of the van the ducks swarmed us. It's like they were starving from a long winter. Then about 10 minutes into feeding them (I had probably 3 loaves of bread to feed them with) the wind picked up (I know, shocker for Idaho Falls) and it got cold. So, we ended up literally throwing whole pieces of bread at the ducks because we got cold. Poor Kenzie got nipped at by a goose. That ticked Tom off and let's just say that there wasn't a goose within 10 feet of us. I know they were scared of Tom. After we got in the car the girls thanked us and wanted to do it again later. Later that day we went to Blast Off (pics below). What a fun day. I love it when we can just do things together as a family.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Ducks!
It started off being a beautiful day outside. So, we decided to feed the ducks. I had a whole shelf in my freezer just for "duck bread". I was excited that I had it and also to get some of my freezer space back. Win win. As soon as we got out of the van the ducks swarmed us. It's like they were starving from a long winter. Then about 10 minutes into feeding them (I had probably 3 loaves of bread to feed them with) the wind picked up (I know, shocker for Idaho Falls) and it got cold. So, we ended up literally throwing whole pieces of bread at the ducks because we got cold. Poor Kenzie got nipped at by a goose. That ticked Tom off and let's just say that there wasn't a goose within 10 feet of us. I know they were scared of Tom. After we got in the car the girls thanked us and wanted to do it again later. Later that day we went to Blast Off (pics below). What a fun day. I love it when we can just do things together as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Michelle! I just looked over your blog and decided I really need to come see you guys. You are only half an hour away! Let's get this reunion done!
ReplyDeleteOf course Kenzie gets bit...haha didn't she get bit last year too? Are you sure she wasn't taunting them a bit??
ReplyDelete