Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tom's fishin' trip


Tom fishin'

They saw some animal life on the mountain ahead of them. Brooklyn asked if he saw any polar bears. hmmmm.

This pic was actually taken BEFORE the sun came up. Remember, we aren't in Alaska folks! These are the guys Tom went with.






This was their spot. It is a huge ice chunk.



This is Mike. We go to Alaska with him and he is Tom's good buddy from Utah. I think he is nuts for trying to fly fish in the ice cold water. For the love of fishing...


Tom said there were 2 coolers just like this.
Cookin' dinner...these boys ate well!

All of the fish the 5 guys caught.

Last week Tom went on a steelhead fishing trip to Challis with some work buddies. They were die hards and woke up at 3am just to save their spot on the river. Notice the snow on the ground? I think they are crazy to go in the cold AND wake up so early! But, I can also see what an adrenaline rush fishing can be so I can see why they braved the cold and sleepless nights for the love of fishing. That doesn't mean I would ever do it though! Tom is very excited to go again. He says it is a pretty hot season for fishing and "they"(the experts) say it has been the best year for fish that "they" have seen in a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. Tom cracks me up. He really is a die hard when it comes to these things! Looks like your freezer will never empty:)

    ReplyDelete