Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Holy Moly! Lots of them!

Cute Kenzie


Sweet Brooklyn

Some cute Brooklyn and Kenzie isms:

Last week I went to Boise with the girls. While we were there we were outside playing in the yard. Well, Brooklyn found a ton of roley poley's (sp?). She came over to me to show me what they were and said, "Look Mom, Holy Moley's!" What a funny kid.

We have had a lot of storms lately. The girls call it Lightning McQueen and "Thundirt".

The girls have been learning their prophets. They still struggle with probably 3 of them, but for the most part, know them all by faces. This is how they pronounce some of them:
Kenzie: Brigham Yummmm
Kenzie: Woodford Woonruff
Kenzie: "Gordon B. Pinkley, B is for Brooklyn"
Kenzie: Yoseph Smiff
Brooklyn: Joseph Smiff
Brooklyn: "President Thomas Monson, just like Daddy"
Kenzie: Thomas Monsaid
Kenzie: Hower double ew Hunter
Brooklyn: S Ra Taffy Benson
Kenzie: serra Bensaid
Brooklyn: Spencer W. Kimbald

Last night as I was driving with the girls in the car I mentioned to myself (because the driver ahead of me couldn't hear it) that the car in front of me was going slow. Brooklyn asked me if the driver was rude. I said no. The she asked me if the car cut me off. I said no. Then I asked her where she learned that. Well, she told me the whole story about what happened. Yesterday Tom took the girls with him to Blast Off while I did some grocery shopping. According to Brooklyn Daddy was driving and a car was rude and cut him off. He honked his horn and said the driver was a rude driver. I called Tom to get the scoop and that is really what happened. Brooklyn is too darn observant! We laughed about it and vowed to watch what we say in the car. Mind you, no explicates have left our mouths, but I'm sure a few "stupid driver", or "come on buddy, go the speed limit" have crossed our mouths. And now, "rude driver". hmmmm. We need to work on that.

We read the scriptures every night as a family before the girls go to bed. Well, about a month ago we were reading about how Lehi had a dream and there was a pillar of fire. Every night before we read Brooklyn asks if there will be fire in the story tonight. We usually tell her no and then she says, "good. I don't like fires".

When Brooklyn wants something and knows she can't have it she says, "I love you soooo much. I want to give you hugs and kisses" I feel loved. When Kenzie wants something she uses reverse psychology. "Mommy, I don't want any cookies with milk. I don't like them." Then if we tell her she can have some she says thank you. But if we tell her that is good that she doesn't like them and can't have any she just repeats what she said and goes on her way. I think it is so funny how the girls try and get their way.

We have been trying to teach the girls manners and respect. Well, since I am an English nerd, it bugs me when people ask "Can I ......" The proper English is "May I....." So, when the girls want something we are trying to teach them to say May I before it. This is usually how it goes...
Brooklyn: "Mommy, May I want to play outside?" or "May I will you play with me? Can't win 'em all right?! :)

Brooklyn and Kenzie have new middle names. They love them and giggle when we tell them to other people: Brooklyn Sillygoose Hall and Kenzie Goofball Hall. I think they are fitting.

There are a ton of other cute stories, but I can't remember them right now. If you know of any, will you put them in the comment section and I will post them later?

3 comments:

  1. I just get a kick out of Brooklyn's "Where's Ben?" comments lately. Little stinker:) She is MY buddy! haha Your girls are so much fun Michelle, exhausting, but so much fun. Come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls crack me up. Especially the one in the car. It reminds me so much of J-Man. That observant thing is a win lose for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get a kick out of your girls they are so cute. It was good to see you guys hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete