Thursday, May 13, 2010

A special lady

Virginia Harm Oliver


Virginia Harm Oliver, 76, passed away Friday, May 7, 2010, at home surrounded by her family. Virginia was born July 5, 1933 to Virgil and Marie Harm in Elwood, NE. At age 2, she and her family moved to Idaho and settled in Meridian where Virginia graduated from Meridian High, and met the love of her life, Kenneth Oliver. They were married September 16, 1950 and settled in Kuna where they raised their four children. Many memories were made as a family during that marriage, including camping trips with family and great friends, the Kerns'. Fourth of July picnics at the Oliver's were an annual event that everyone looked forward to. Virginia worked at Mercy Medical Center as a Ward Clerk and also at Capitol Care Center. She was also a substitute teacher for the Kuna Schools. Virginia was a wonderful, caring person who will be truly missed. Her heart was full of love, especially for children. She was called Grandma by many. Virginia was preceded in death by her parents and a grandson. She leaves behind her husband of 59 years Kenneth, her four children, Mike (Debbie) of Utah, Pat (Darla) of Meridian, Cherie Dill (Greg) of Melba, Kelly of Kuna; 12 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. She also leaves behind her sister Glenrose Ewing, brother Gordon Harm (Sandy), sisters-in-law Faye Oliver and Ellen Fretz, as well as many special nieces and nephews and their children, and her Live, Laugh and Lunch Wednesday bunch. We love you Mom and will miss you terribly. The family would like to give a special thanks to Hearts for Hospice, especially Maria, and Myrna for their love and support Memorial services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 14, 2010 at the Kuna United Methodist Church. In lieu of flowers you may make a contribution to the Kuna United Methodist Church.


Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/idahostatesman/obituary.aspx?n=virginia-oliver&pid=142656886#ixzz0npaMAqOz

My Aunt Ginny passed away last week. Aunt Ginny is my Grandma's sister. She was a very special lady to me because anytime I came to Boise, I would pick up my Grandma Ewing and we would go visit her and Uncle Kenny. Sometimes when we would visit her we would go to lunch or drive around Kuna or Meridian and she and Grandma would tell about their childhood and different buildings around town that they had memories at. I also remember as a child going over to her house for 4th of July celebrations. It was always fun to get together on my Dad's side...we seemed to do that a lot and I loved it. My Dad's birthday and her birthday are the same so I remember celebrating that as well. Aunt Ginny was the only Aunt that my Dad really got to know so that was special that they shared their day together. When I was a kid, Aunt Ginny frequently came to the cabin with a lot of Dad's side and our family. Aunt Ginny was a very special lady. She will be remembered by me for how much she cared about me and my life. She would remember what we talked about in previous conversations and see how life was going. She also really doted on my two girls. When I showed Brooklyn and Kenzie the picture of Aunt Ginny they remembered her and asked when we were going to visit her again. Aunt Ginny left a lasting impression on them as well because they knew she cared about them. Aunt Ginny and Uncle Kenny are special people. They would have been married 60 years in September. They were and are an example to me on how to make a marriage work. I know Aunt Ginny is in a better place now and I believe I will see her again. Aunt Ginny, you are loved and will be missed.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry for you loss. What a sweet write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure makes you appreciate family. I love you Meesh!

    ReplyDelete