Brooklyn LOVES to water my plants. When we first moved here I told her that I needed help watering my plants and I asked her to help me. She said she would and she does faithfully. She tells me almost everyday that she is going to water my plants. So, on this particular day, we just got out of church and she was very adamant in the car that she water the plants as soon as we got home. So, she did. Kenzie is always good support. She just likes to be where the party is. They are such good helpers. I will give them a rag and let them "dust" for me throughout the house. They also use the rags to clean the travertine and wood floors. They help me empty the dishwasher and when they are done eating they are learning to clear their plates into the sink. There has been a couple of times where we find our dishes in the garbage. You can't win them all, right? :) They help fold laundry and put the laundry away (as best as they can). The best part is when I ask them to clean up the toys they were using, they do! (With a little prodding and help from me too, of course!) It is so nice to have extra hands to help with the work, plus I think they enjoy it.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Little helpers
Brooklyn LOVES to water my plants. When we first moved here I told her that I needed help watering my plants and I asked her to help me. She said she would and she does faithfully. She tells me almost everyday that she is going to water my plants. So, on this particular day, we just got out of church and she was very adamant in the car that she water the plants as soon as we got home. So, she did. Kenzie is always good support. She just likes to be where the party is. They are such good helpers. I will give them a rag and let them "dust" for me throughout the house. They also use the rags to clean the travertine and wood floors. They help me empty the dishwasher and when they are done eating they are learning to clear their plates into the sink. There has been a couple of times where we find our dishes in the garbage. You can't win them all, right? :) They help fold laundry and put the laundry away (as best as they can). The best part is when I ask them to clean up the toys they were using, they do! (With a little prodding and help from me too, of course!) It is so nice to have extra hands to help with the work, plus I think they enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Plus they're stinkin' cute while they do it:) Tell them they can come and do dishes at my house anytime.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute little helpers! They are getting so grown up. There help actually sounds like help now, instead of helping make bigger messes. :) And that made me laugh out loud about finding dishes in the garbage. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Kenzie on learning to ride a bike too. Wow! So exciting!