Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tomatoes and Boise...did I mention Tomatoes?


Heather

Kennedy with my girls


This is the bike I had when I was little.

Brooklyn kept making vrrrroooom noises then raising it into the air.
Brooklyn wanted her picture taken like this.
My Mom and Dad...My Dad came downstairs to have some peace and quiet, but just as soon as he did the party came to him.
The girls kept poking their heads through the tent window.
Kennedy, Jenn's little girl






My Mom was taking a catnap on the chair. Kenzie was so thoughtful and brought her her baby, wankie, and milk. What a sweetheart.

Nerd alert! Anytime we are at Grandma and Grandpa's house we get nerds! They love it! Brooklyn took her arms and brought in as much as she could then she kept her elbows up on the table to keep anyone from stealing them. Kenzie just took some from everyone else's piles.





Brooklyn and Justin
Hailee (Brooke's little girl), Ryan and Austin (Heather's boys)
L-R: Austin, Kennedy, Hailee, Justin, Ryan, Kenzie and Brooklyn
Missing: Hannah, Aniston and Luke

So, on Saturday night I got a call from my Mom telling me that Jenn (my sister) just inherited 20 boxes of tomatoes that were going to be ripe in the next couple of days. So, I came home from SLC on Sunday, did the laundry, and repacked and drove to Boise on Monday. I love that SLC is only 3 1/2 hours away and Boise is only 4. Can I just say I love it here? Anyhow, on Tuesday my sisters Jenn (very pregnant!), Heather and I canned 182 quarts of tomatoes while Grandma watched the kids. I think we ended up with the easier task! That night the girls and I went swimming in my parents pool. Kenzie wanted to go off the diving board over and over again. She is such a little daredevil. Brooklyn was good with staying in the shallow end of the pool and collecting toys off the bottom of the pool. What a full day! On Wednesday Jenn and Heather and I made bows for our girls. You can never have enough bows right!?! On Thursday we just all did stuff around the house and enjoyed Mom's garden. Mom's garden is amazing. I swear everyone eats out of it and there is still more that needs to be picked! Everytime I go home she is such a wealth of knowledge. I'm always amazed at all she knows. The weather was really stormy and rainy on Thursday and Friday so we mainly stayed indoors and everyone played together. I left Friday afternoon so that we could spend some time with Tom on his days off. What a fun week!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, I beat Laura from being the first comment! hahaha...That was a fun weekend. When did you get the picture of all of the cousins? How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, you seem so happy, and I'm so happy for you! Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a dork Brooke.

    I hope you guys come again Meesh! We sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss home grown tomatoes. Looks like you had a good time in Boise.

    ReplyDelete