Sunday, November 22, 2009
Humbled...
Today I got set apart as the new Relief Society President of our ward. I am feeling so many emotions right now....overwhelmed, stressed, excited, and most of all, humbled. The bishop called Tom and me into his office last Wednesday. As we were getting dressed Tom told me I was going to be called as the R.S. President. I told him he was crazy and that only old people got called to that. I guess I am old. The bishop told me that he needed some names of counselors in the next couple of days. So, I prayed and prayed some more and felt really good about the women picked. What's crazy is that I know maybe 10 women in the ward so finding counselors and a secretary was tough for me. I thought the names would just jump out at me, but they didn't. I called the bishop's wife and asked her who people were. I then grabbed some jam and went knocking on some doors to get to know some of these girls. I can honestly tell you that I felt a little awkward knocking on doors and saying, "Hi, I am Michelle. I am from your ward and just felt like dropping by to get to know you a little. Here is some jam I made." But, most of them let me in and I had some great conversations. After meeting a lot of girls, I felt very comfortable with my choices. What's interesting is that I still needed 1 more counselor and I was torn with 2 choices. I prayed about both of them and felt good about them so I knew the Lord was happy with either choice. So, I visited one of them and that night I went to the R.S. activity and saw the other one there. At the activity I just felt very excited and good about this one particular sister. So, I picked her. I am very excited to get started. It will be fun to get to know more women and I can't wait to come closer to my Saviour. As I tell my kids when we are about to endeavor on something..."Rock and roll".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First of all you are not old. Because if you are old, I am old. In our ward, we may qualify as middle age, but definatly not old :) And you are just the right woman for the job. You will be amazing and your counselors are awesome woman as well. Good luck on your new adventure.
ReplyDeletewoa thats big! good luck. thats a big job. but you will have lots of help. call jenny, she used to be RS president...she might be able to help if you need it.
ReplyDeleteThat is great. You will do awesome. I have been in two presidencies; one as a secretary and currently as 2nd counselor. I love being involved and my calling but I also look at the RS President and often think to myself "I don't know that I could do that calling, especially with little kids." It may be challenging, but it will definitely bless your lives in ways unimaginable. Go get 'em!!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to make a great President!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be great Michelle. I've never met anybody with as much compassion and love as you. You have a heart that is pure and that will mean so much to the sisters. I wish I was in your ward so I could be around you and your greatness! Just remember, Volleybal night is NOT an enrichment activity.
ReplyDelete