Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Swimming Lessons are over

The girls just finished up their last day of swimming lessons last week. I was quite pleased by how well they did.

Brooklyn:
-Could put her head under the water without fear
-Blew bubbles
-Didn't cling onto the teacher anymore
-Could do a front and back float with help
-Could hold onto a flotation device and kick across the pool a lot of the way by herself
-Jumped off the side all by herself
-Did the elementary back stroke with some help
-Kicked her legs really well and made big splashes

Mackenzie:
-Put her head under the water
-Swam by moving her arms and put her head above water for air then put her head back in the water and kept swimming. (She only moved maybe 2 feet but that is progress!)
-Jumped off the side of the pool (even when she wasn't supposed to)
-Kept her legs straight when kicking
-Did the elementary backstroke with some help (Chicken, airplane, rocket)
-Could do a front and back float with help.
-Sat by her friends and gave them kisses and hugs.
-Blew bubbles

On the last day the teacher approached me and said that Mackenzie would do better in a private class because she was all over the place and wouldn't listen (She got put in time out every class). She is 2! Isn't that what 2-year-olds do? Granted, I put her in a 3-5 year old class because I wanted the girls together and Kenzie was ready. I am such a hypocrite...I hated it when parents thought their kids were so great that they could be put in the older class. I am one of those parents. A lot of the parents came up to me after the lessons and were very impressed by how well she was doing. I decided I am going to keep Kenzie enrolled in group lessons because she really did thrive. So, lessons start again in Jan.! The girls are already excited to get started again.

2 comments:

  1. Do you want me to send you a certain picture of Kenzie in timeout? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised she kept her legs straight, I have many memories of her kicking around with her toes pointed:)

    And what's with Brooklyn? When we swam with her in the Eagle Mountain pool she went back and forth between us. What's the deal???

    ReplyDelete