After Boise (we left on Tuesday) I unpacked, did laundry, repacked, picked up Laura Stufflebeam and was in SLC on Thursday night. Our good friends, the Larsens, were getting sealed together as a family in the temple so I wanted to be there for that. So, on Thursday we met up with Debbie and went to Seagull Book Outlet Store. That place is amazing. It has so many great books for like $1. I loved it! I just wish we knew about it before we moved! Ok, maybe not, because I know I would have spent a lot of money there. After that we went back to their house and played games, talked and just enjoyed the company. On Friday we went and saw Brittney's new house, ran some errands, and just hang out. On Saturday, we woke up early and the kids got to ride the train (TRAX) for the first time. The girls are fascinated by trains so they thought riding the trax was pretty cool. While I was at the sealing in the temple Debbie and Brittney took the girls around temple square and got some pictures. They turned out great! After the temple we all went to lunch at Tomato Brothers. That place is one of my favorite places to eat. After lunch we went to the Larsen's open house. What a neat thing to see our friends get sealed for time and all eternity. It was an amazing day. That night as we were getting ready for bed Brooklyn kept telling me that she saw Jesus today with Grandma. What a sweet moment. On Sunday we went and visited the Jacobson's and Grandma Hall. She was visiting from Alaska! We ended up staying in Utah on Sunday (we were planning on going home) because we wanted to look for a van. Tom's folks bought my car so we needed another car. Anyhow, on Monday I found my dream van...if there is such a concept. So, I am a driver of a van. Ya, I don't feel as cute, but boy do I love the roominess and ease it is for kids. I love it and wonder why I didn't go with a mini van in the first place. So, quite an eventful couple of days and always fun. Thanks Stufflebeams for your hospitality. It is always fun to visit everyone in SLC.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
1st TRAIN RIDE!!!
After Boise (we left on Tuesday) I unpacked, did laundry, repacked, picked up Laura Stufflebeam and was in SLC on Thursday night. Our good friends, the Larsens, were getting sealed together as a family in the temple so I wanted to be there for that. So, on Thursday we met up with Debbie and went to Seagull Book Outlet Store. That place is amazing. It has so many great books for like $1. I loved it! I just wish we knew about it before we moved! Ok, maybe not, because I know I would have spent a lot of money there. After that we went back to their house and played games, talked and just enjoyed the company. On Friday we went and saw Brittney's new house, ran some errands, and just hang out. On Saturday, we woke up early and the kids got to ride the train (TRAX) for the first time. The girls are fascinated by trains so they thought riding the trax was pretty cool. While I was at the sealing in the temple Debbie and Brittney took the girls around temple square and got some pictures. They turned out great! After the temple we all went to lunch at Tomato Brothers. That place is one of my favorite places to eat. After lunch we went to the Larsen's open house. What a neat thing to see our friends get sealed for time and all eternity. It was an amazing day. That night as we were getting ready for bed Brooklyn kept telling me that she saw Jesus today with Grandma. What a sweet moment. On Sunday we went and visited the Jacobson's and Grandma Hall. She was visiting from Alaska! We ended up staying in Utah on Sunday (we were planning on going home) because we wanted to look for a van. Tom's folks bought my car so we needed another car. Anyhow, on Monday I found my dream van...if there is such a concept. So, I am a driver of a van. Ya, I don't feel as cute, but boy do I love the roominess and ease it is for kids. I love it and wonder why I didn't go with a mini van in the first place. So, quite an eventful couple of days and always fun. Thanks Stufflebeams for your hospitality. It is always fun to visit everyone in SLC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I kept waiting for the pictures of the train:) What a party!
ReplyDelete